Tuesday, June 28, 2005

send me into the game, coach

I'm working with a creativity coach. The writer I mentioned a few days ago, Eric Maisel, trains creativity coaches, and his trainees need people to coach. So I'm getting to get advice from this person, for free.
I'm willing to look into my creative "issues" with someone outside my immediate circle at this point. I get stuck at really predictable points in the writing/marketing/etc. cycle, again and again. I've discovered some of my places that need work through my day job, but feel like I need a little push for those deeper, more long-term goals that seem to elude me, like conceiving and creating a book proposal.
It's free, so I feel like I have nothing to lose. I'm ready to play this "game" at a higher level.

1 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, Blogger Chixulub said...

I've been lax in the workshops I participate in, but there's some good ones online. The Cult isn't quite free, but it's cheap, and the fee keeps cranks out, for the most part.

Write Club is a smaller, closed group for novelists only, the idea being to create an environment friendly to works of length (novel excerpts can be hard to workshop).

The IWW is the one Max Barry promotes, and I'm pretty sure they welcome non-fiction writers. It didn't appear to be my cup of tea, but they do have quite a few participants from what I can recall.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home