Sunday, December 04, 2005

another voice in the creation debate...

Sorry I haven't been very active in the blogosphere lately...my friend's death and holiday illness have sort of taken the wind out of my sails lately. However, I'm planning to update my freelancing website, turn it into a sort of "portfolio" site that showcases my writing skills in a way that actually appeals to the reader and makes them want to hire/contract with me! (Imagine!) I hope to have the copy done for that by Christmas.

I've been watching the KU-Intelligent Design battle (see the latest development in the melodrama here, as well as this article about repercussions of the ID debate) with disappointment about the behavior of all sides. And I have many friends who are all over the spectrum of belief/certitude on this one.

I'd just like to introduce a couple providing an interesting, creative response to the whole idea of how to explain the orgins of life on Earth, as well as the orgins of the cosmos, period. Connie Barlow and Michael Dowd (a married couple) are a science writer and a former Pentacostal minister, respectively, and they are on the road with a traveling ministry called The Great Story. Their presentations and papers are a very interesting fusion of valuing traditional Christian (and other faiths') values, as well as our accumulated scientific knowledge. They also store some of their information on another website called Evolutionary Christianity.

Take what you like from their sites, and leave the rest. And take some time during the holiday rush to contemplate the mystery and wonder our orgins, no matter how you think humanity reached this time and place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home